Saturday 12 July 2014

Green or Red Tomatoes?

Hello budding horticulturalists! I'm back after almost a whole month without blogging (apologies for the absence). I've started my first graduate job since completing university so I can't get away with waking up at noon and writing these blogs quite as often as I'd like to!

The great thing about tomato plants is that they are brilliant at looking after themselves. I've learned that if you place them in sunshine and water them twice weekly they don't need much more nurturing than that. As you can see by the picture below, the amount of foliage has doubled since my last post on here, furthermore (and most importantly) there are now at least a dozen tiny green tomatoes on each of my three plants which are waiting to ripen within the next few weeks!


You may have noticed that I've increased the length of the wooden rods as the tomato plants just kept on growing and were about to topple over! Problem averted they are almost ready for my first harvest! I'd love to hear some suggestions as to what I can make out of my tomatoes when they ripen. If you have any suggestions, I would be delighted to hear them.

Lastly I would like to remind you again that The Veg Garden blog has its own Facebook page where you can keep up to date with all the latest posts, progress and just fun information. Simply click the banner below and hit the "like" button.

CTA

Thanks for reading, remember to share and comment! I'd love to hear from you all.
Happy growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment