Wednesday 21 May 2014

From Pot to Plot

This morning I donned a pair of muddy green wellies, armed with a tea in my left hand and a shovel in my right, I set off to work. With regards to my previous blog post describing my worries of the vegetables getting too big for their pots, I decided to transplant my shoots into the plot shown below.
 

This plot sits nicely tucked away in my back garden and I spent the majority of this morning raking the soil, making it suitable for the transplanting. So far the two rows in the middle contain beetroot and carrots, and on the right, I've also planted a further helping of beets and radishes.

So if all goes well, I should be having a salad fit for a king!

Furthermore, left with an empty set of pots, it seemed an awful waste to discard them to the shed, so I filled them with some fine soil and planted an array of cottage garden flowers. The packet said that these should take a maximum of 28 days to shoot from soil. Now its just a waiting game.






















I'll post in another few weeks when there is some progress! (hopefully).
I hope you all enjoy the nice weather we're having in the UK!

Happy gardening.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment