Thursday 1 May 2014

Shooting Up From The Soil

If there is one thing I have learned from this whole process, it is that you appreciate the finer details of life when you grow your own produce. 

Every morning, before I brush my teeth, my small shoots get a showering of warm water and a few kind words of encouragement. It seems that my approach to growing in pots has paid off massively, resulting in beautiful natural green leaves and (hopefully) a fresh young bulb hiding beneath the surface of the soil.


As you can see from the picture above, I've invested in a lot more pots each containing a mix of carrot, beetroot and radish seeds.

It's come to the point however where the plants are getting too big for their pots which may restrain the veg from growing to it's full potential. They will probably need transplanting in a couple of days, which could be risky as the plants may not grow as well in another environment.

Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment